Sports Physicals FYI
Brighton Area Schools Athletics
SPORTS PHYSICAL & CONSENT FORMS
WHAT IS NEEDED
All participants must have a current physical and consent of disclosure on file with the Athletic Department prior to any tryouts and must be dated on or after April 15, 2015
1. Clearance form must be signed, stamped and dated on or after April 15, 2015 by physician M.D., D.O., Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner who administers the exam. Some physician’s offices are using their prospective forms that they have adapted. This is ok but need to make sure all info is the same as what is required on Brighton Area Schools form or MHSAA form.
2. Information & Consent – ALL must have filled out properly and signed in all places by parent/guardian and student.
3. Insurance – ALL students must have insurance per Brighton Board of Education policy. If they indicate none they must purchase school insurance. Forms are available from the Athletic Office.
4. The Athletic Office maintains a current list of those on file on a yearly basis. Lists are provided to each sports coach on the 1st day of practice or tryouts.
5. It is helpful if forms are submitted to the Athletic Office in advance of season start to cut down the last minute stresses of practice or tryouts.
6. Completed forms can be submitted via email to the Athletic Director or Athletic Assistant, fax copies to 810-299-4188 or turned into the Athletic Office. Emails & phone numbers can be found on the Athletic website godogs.org. The Athletic Office does not assume responsibility if form is turned into any other office or school. Coaches can accept them also but prefer not to handle the paperwork.
Physical/Waiver and insurance forms are available from the Athletic Department and any school office or click below for consent form. www.godogs.org/forms2/BRIGHTON_PHYSICAL_CONSENT_FORM.pdf